Re: [LUG] OT: Disappearing hardware?

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Grant Sewell wrote:

Hi all,

My mediacentre has just developed the most peculiar of problems... the
onboard Ethernet device has disappeared.  It was a PCI device (I forget
what it was specifically) but lspci doesn't list it - not even an
unknown device... nothing.  I've been through the BIOS to see if it's
somehow magically been disabled... but BIOS has nothing about it either.

I'm gonna be chucking in a proper PCI card (I have a couple spare), but
I just thought I'd throw this out there: any of you had devices just
disappear before?

Yes. And oddly enough it was the on-board Ethernet device too. Must have been a motherboard issue of some sorts.

Gordon