[LUG] software freedom day 2010

Is anyone up for doing something for software freedom day in 2010,  date
below

Saturday 18th September

I am asking now as so that people can book that date ahead and try and
make sure it is kept free.

Venue, I was thinking the lighthouse in Paignton, as I can't think of
anywhere else.

Would anyone be willing to sponsor such an event or help contact people
who may wish to sponsor it.  I will check to see if people (sponsors)
can set up tables and sell stuff.

We may also need

demos
talks

etc

The recent thread on young people missing out due to use of proprietary
file formats should give a good incentive to try and promote alternatives.

any ideas, comments etc

If this is Doable I would like to get it booked ASAP,  that way all we
need to do is worry about promotion and the days events. ,  for which we
have a good 3 months,  rest of June,  July then August.  to promote the
event.

I know it didn't work out very well last time,  but this time we can
learn from before and hopefully make a better go of it.

Paul

Paul