Re: [LUG] Kids failing on coursework because of proprietary file formats

James Andrews wrote:

> Even so there has been a couple of occasions when she has wanted to have MS
> Publisher or some other Billyware just because that's what the teacher was
> using.  And the student edition doesn't include every single obscure program
> in the MS line up.

Every time they bring out a new version MS appear to change what is in
the different versions of the package.

> Now the laptop is not connecting to the 'Net, apparently because we switched
> wireless routers and Windows XP Sp3 has various bizarre problems with
> interoperability.

Would this happen to be the "Windows can apparently find and connect to
the wireless network, but DHCP dosn't" problem. If so this appears to be
down to Windows not being able to get WPA right. Which can be quite a
problem to fix when it happens.