Re: [LUG] Connecting two points 500m apart

On 16/06/10 18:14, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Grant Sewell wrote:

10Base2 is limited to ~185m, 10Base5 is ~500m

Vampire taps at dawn!!!

Gordon

So THAT'S what they're called!

I remember them from school when they bought a load of new RM Nimbus 186 machines. The technician at the school put a load of new network cabling in, I remember it being really thick coax with thinner coax coming off it.

Those were the days, I remember some of the other kids at school pinching terminators and T-pieces or disconnecting one end of the cable, something I later came across when I worked at Exeter College (although a month or two before I left they started putting CAT5 in on the main site).

Rob