Re: [LUG] an Ipad with a useful OS on it

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 11:03 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> I'm still trying to work out of the Joggler was worth it, it not. The
> touch screen seems rubbish and it's own applications poor - I can put my
> N900 next to it and get perfect Internet radio on the N900 while the
> Joggler struggles to keep a good wi-fi connection )-:
>
> All I need is some spare time to put a decent Linux on it...

I used the Ubuntu image from here
http://www.stephenford.org/joggler/

Just burn it to a 4G USB key, boot of it and off you go.

However I suspect this doesn't help you because it violates your 'decent
Linux' constraint!

I like my joggler. It's a nice little device for playing music in
rhythmbox, streamed from my ageing DAAP server.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.