Re: [LUG] Atom 330 setup wanted

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, James Fidell wrote:

tom wrote:
On 14/06/10 23:57, James Fidell wrote:
I've just started Evolution and imported one of my mail accounts.  It
now has a total size of just shy of 1GB and resident set just under
250MB.
You are using far too much memory. I had this once when I upgraded but was not booting into the latest kernel - check your menu.lst to make sure its booting the latest?

Yup.  I'm using the most recent kernel available for Ubuntu 9.10.

Kernels are not usually sources of userland memory bloat.

I'd start googling to see if this is considered normal behaviour.

Gordon