Re: [LUG] Power Use was Atom 330 setup wanted

On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 01:49 +0100, James Fidell wrote:

> Originally I had a P4 3GHz which was sucking around 270W, which works
> out at somewhere around Â240/year for electricity at 16 hours a day.  My
> current 330 box draws less than 40W, but lets call it that.  That works
> out at Â35/year.  It doesn't take long to pay for itself.

Are these numbers correct ?

I have not thought about the cost of running the my desktop box except
in passing, and it stays on 24/7/365. If these costs are in the right
ballpark though I am really going to be having a reconsider on my setup.

Box consists of Corsair 620w PSU feeding, 4 sata HD's, 1 SSD, dvdrw,
athlon 64 3200+, some Nvidia GPU with separate power connector on its
bum, 1 USB 1TB HD. Any thoughts on ballpark power use on that ?

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides