Re: [LUG] Software for creating a poster

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 18:54 +0100, Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:
> El lun, 10-05-2010 a las 18:43 +0100, Roland Tarver escribiÃ:
> > [...]
> >
> > Any suggestions for which program is best?
>
> I've used Inkscape for posters a couple of times, and it's OK.
>
> Regarding formats, IIRC they said me the right DPI and I just exported a
> TIFF file.

Another "vote" for Inkscape, Scribus would probably be suitable as well
but not quite so much, in my opinion.

I'm just going to try and find some good info on Inkscape that I found,
it was particularly good I thought, it was done for actual classes and
started from the the very basics... /me goes to look.....

.... here we are..
http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/inkscape-class-day-1/

--
John Williams