[LUG] Software for creating a poster

Hi Folks :-)

[OT] You will be pleased to know I handed in the essay which prevented
me from attending the meeting yesterday....and guess what.....as soon
as I handed it in, we got our next assignment!....

[back on topic]...

Part of the new assignment is to create a poster! It _must_ be in
electronic form. I will need to print an A3 version of the poster (to
be used in a presentation), I will also need to print an identical A4
version of the poster (for submission with a 1500 word critical
review).

...and so...

Any suggestions for which program is best?

Many thanks
Best wishes
roly :-)

PS, the printing of the A3 version will be done at a copy shop of some
sort, so potential file format incompatibility issues??