[LUG] OEM strategy from Canonical

Hello,

Check this:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/383

Ubuntu Light will be a customized version for OEM use. Moreover: "Given
the requirement to customise the Light versions for specific hardware,
there wonât be a general-purpose downloadable image of Ubuntu Light on
ubuntu.com".

The part that puzzles me is "[..]it comes with tools for Windows which
assist in the management of the dual-boot experience.". There's a
screenshot in the post that shows the shutdown applet with a "Start
Windows..." option, available when dual boot it's detected.

I guess the strategy is to allow HW vendors to provide dual boot systems
(windows/ubuntu pre-installed). If they can't offer pre-installed Linux
systems, at least provide a dual boot solution.

What do you think? Better dual boot than nothing, it can be interesting.

Cheers,

Juanjo

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/