Re: [LUG] Holsworthy Meeting, Saturday May 8th

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 07/05/10 18:01, Grant Sewell wrote:
>> On Fri, 07 May 2010 17:56:47 +0100
>> Neil Winchurst wrote:

>>> Thanks John, looking forward to seeing you. I have confirmed the
>>> booking for tomorrow, OK.
>>>
>>> I personally won't be moving to Lucid. I feel that Ubuntu etc have
>>> gone a bit OTT for me. I do need to upgrade soon so I am considering
>>> Mint v 9 when it comes out, but I will wait for the Xfce version.
>>
>> Debian? :)
>>
>> Alas, I have made arrangements to visit the folks this weekend so I
>> shall not be in attendance.
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> I'll be at the Paignton meeting, I do wonder if we can link up via
> webcam (Skype, Ekiga etc) so we can wave to each other?
>
> Rob

Not sure,  I would perhaps suggest we start by linking via irc,   then
try a webcam link up,  at least that way we can talk each other through
any issues, that crop up with ekiga. Does anyone have mobile internet, o
are you going to pay for net access while up there.

best way to do that would be to

pay then have a donations box out of which you take the money6 for the
site wifi access then i guess let the list know how much was raised e.g

£5 was raised out of which £5 was taken out to cover cost of wifi at the
holsworthly venue. (IIRC the hotel)

Is that the right way to go about this.?

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net