Re: [LUG] Recording telephone when complaining

On Sun, 2 May 2010 12:51:32 +0100
Henry Bremridge wrote:

> If I use VoIP through my computer, can anyone suggest how I can record
> both sides of a telephone call? Currently I just use Twinkle. (I also
> use VoIP through Siemens C475i, but as that is used by the wife and
> children, I do not really want to record that..)
>
> (I am tired of speaking to institutions who:
> - Record their side of the conversation
> - Do not send letters confirming the discussion)
>
> I note that under
>       http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/consumer/advice/faqs/prvfaq3.htm
>       Data Protection Act  36
>
> There does not appear to be a need to inform the other party that the
> call is being recorded where you are calling as a genuine
> individual / domestic user

You could try using the audio stack of your chosen Linux distro to
intercept both sides of the conversation.  For example, it has been
suggested (I was looking into this for use on my Palm Pre) that you can
do this with Pulse Audio.

Grant.