Re: [LUG] Fwd: Adobe responds to Apple on Flash

On 30/04/10 15:34, tom wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
On 30/04/10 14:26, Rhia Knowles wrote:
Adobe are commited to multiplatform are they? So when do they port
Shockwave player?

Shockwave is pretty much a dead product though, I installed it on
Windows 7 the other day and it came up as Macromedia Shockwave. Um...
don't think they're going to do owt with it since they bought out
Macromedia a couple of years back. I gather Flash is the future of
Shockwave (which is multi platform).

Rob

And the future of flash is /dev/null
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1603829/microsoft-confirms-html5-video-support

Tom te tom te tom

Nah it'll be round for a few years yet, there's still people out there running IE6, and then there is the issue with HTML5, no real standard has been agreed on, for video it's either OGG Theora (which Google, Mozilla and Opera support but MS and Apple don't) or H264 (which MS, Google and Apple support but Mozilla and Opera don't). Can't remember if there is another codec. Then Google have VP6...

Yep Flash will be around for the foreseeable future.

Rob