Re: [LUG] Lifespan of an SSD [Was Re: Setting up new disk.]

El vie, 30-04-2010 a las 09:40 +0100, kevin escribiÃ:
> Guess what features in the Linux Mag This month..
>
> Choose the perfect File system for your SSD
> www.linux-magazine.com
>

> It suggests if you are worried about life expectancy use ext4 without
> journaling.
> ie mke2fs -t ext4 -0 ^has_journal <i>/devsdXX<i>

Interesting uhm... I've been using ext2 with noatime + some stuff
mounted on RAM with tmpfs.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Acer_Aspire_One#File-systems

Anyway, I though SSD stuff was improved lately, isn't it?. I hope so,
because the SSD in my Acer Aspire One 110 it's almost two years old
technology :)

Cheers,

Juanjo

--