Re: [LUG] ubuntu courses

Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:56:22 +0100
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> On 29/04/10 19:43, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>>
>>> Talking of Ubuntu courses
>>>
>>> http://ubuntu-manual.org/
>>>
>>> printed it costs Â6.17 which isn't bad really
>>>
>>> I think its worth it,
>>>
>>> anyway also downloadable for free, (pdf) however LaTeX was used to
>>> write the book as far as I am aware anyway.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>> - --
>>> Paul Sutton
>>> www.zleap.net
>>>
>> Looks good, is there any option to purchase in bulk (haven't looked
>> yet).
>>
>> Just thinking of maybe a bulk LUG purchase.
>>
>> Rob
>
> I will have a chat with the Reprographics dept. at College (my work)
> and see how much it costs for printing in various formats:
> + Double-sided A4 (with and without binding)
> + Shrunk and printed double-sided A5 (with and without binding)
cool,  however is a5 easily readable (screen shots need to scale and
still be useful),  it also increases the thickness of the manual by 2,
is a4 a good size? however worth looking into options

the a4 manual should be out soon right now the download is for US letter
size paper, fine for on screen reference.

> Incidentally, I picked up an absolute tonne of empty CD/DVD boxes from
> a fellow Freecycler t'other day.  I haven't had time to go through them
> yet and see how many are usable, but there's a lot of 'em!
>
> Grant.

yay,  sounds good, perhaps we can really start to push open source if we
can give people something that looks professional.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net