Re: [LUG] ubuntu courses

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:56:22 +0100
Rob Beard wrote:

> On 29/04/10 19:43, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >
> > Talking of Ubuntu courses
> >
> > http://ubuntu-manual.org/
> >
> > printed it costs Â6.17 which isn't bad really
> >
> > I think its worth it,
> >
> > anyway also downloadable for free, (pdf) however LaTeX was used to
> > write the book as far as I am aware anyway.
> >
> > Paul
> > - --
> > Paul Sutton
> > www.zleap.net
> >

> Looks good, is there any option to purchase in bulk (haven't looked
> yet).
>
> Just thinking of maybe a bulk LUG purchase.
>
> Rob

I will have a chat with the Reprographics dept. at College (my work)
and see how much it costs for printing in various formats:
+ Double-sided A4 (with and without binding)
+ Shrunk and printed double-sided A5 (with and without binding)

Incidentally, I picked up an absolute tonne of empty CD/DVD boxes from
a fellow Freecycler t'other day.  I haven't had time to go through them
yet and see how many are usable, but there's a lot of 'em!

Grant.