Re: [LUG] Email security

On 21/04/2010 13:29, Gordon Henderson wrote:
And I wouldn't suggest it goes anywhere else... (Although £90 a year for spam checking seems excessive to me)
Biannual - 'every two years' not twice a year :) So it's £22.50pa. If you pay pa it's £25.

The one that does get on my nerves is Thunderbird repeatedly insisting certain emails are Scams. Despite my marking them over and over again as NOT Scams Thunderbird never remembers this. The Scam filter doesn't have a learning mode unlike the Spam filter, and I have no idea why. I've raised it as a query on mozilla.support.thunderbird and the only response I got was a 'me too, I disabled the scam detection' - not very helpful.

Just mark them as spam them...

But wait - how did you see them in the first place if it didn't download them to your in-box on your PC ;-)
As I said.. Thunderbird's filters aren't as sophisticated as dedicated server-side ones. Plus the sender is in my Address Book because I want mail from them. Thunderbird then filters them into a folder, and then decides 'hello this is a scam' - this is what I find stupid, it knows I want the mail because it's just filtered it into a folder AND the sender is in my address book, yet it says its' a scam.

Julian