Re: [LUG] Website locked

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 19:58:13 +0100
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> >
> > This idea *is* up for discussion - I'm open to adjustments that
> > make it less likely....
>
> Presumably we'd be happy to issue accounts based on GPG/PGP web of
> trust metric as well if someone is new here but trusted by someone we
> trust. Not sure what precise metric.

Yes. Basically anything where we can be sure that there is a genuine
person behind the email address who is going to respect the purpose of
the website. That kind of decision needs to be made by an admin and can
just be on a case-by-case basis. We don't have that many genuine people
wanting to be new members. (Certainly not 3 per hour which is what we
were seeing at one point.)

--

Neil Williams