Re: [LUG] (Graphical?) Email Clients ...

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:30:30 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> Mostly because off it's hooks & reliance on palm integration &
> bluetooth, which I just don't think is right... also, I won't need

That's down to package maintainers, but I take your point.

Personally, I compile it myself.  It's one of only three packages that I
do compile.  Primarily because I want a more up to date version than is
available in Debian Testing, but also so it doesn't depend on
$KITCHEN_SINK.

The other packages are;

Pan (old 0.14.x release):-  Only has to be done when I change processor,
of course, and usually needs a handful of patches to get it to compile.
I loathe the new C++ release.

GPSBabel:-  To get the GUI, because the Debian release is command line
only.

> it's filtering because I'm going to do that completely independant of

So I read.

> And, as it's yet another outlook clone, and so if that's what I have

Never seen Outlook, so had no idea that's what it looked like.  In all
my years of emailing, I've only had to set OE for the wife and kids.
Everything else was on an Amiga or a Linux box.

Setting up OE was painful.  Filtering in there is, well, non-existent.
Almost.

--
 Regards  _

A friend of a friend he got beaten