Re: [LUG] media centre remote

On 16/04/2010 08:00, richard wrote:
i want a remote to use with a revo running xbmc and boxee on mint, do
they all work or are some better than others? tia richard

Hopefully they work better on Linux than on Windows. In W7 M$ have broken MCE inasmuch as you can't set-up Live TV unless you have a remote control that uses the motherboard's onboard IR sensor. If you use a USB remote (as I do) Live TV set-up tells you to get lost as M$ have removed the ability to skip the remote detection stage. I've sent an email to Computer Shopper asking if they have any ideas as nothing in the forums works. If Linux actually does set-up USB remotes properly and supports my TV capture card - Avermedia Super 007 - that would be a big bonus :)

Kind regards,

Julian