Re: [LUG] Permissions problem

NW wrote:

> Can anyone help here please? For a start I don't understand why the new
> set of permissions changed back. Shouldn't my change remain fixed?

No device files are created dynamically you you'd have to change the
udev settings which is easy but a bit weird if you are use to old style
Unix.

However these days I think printing should be from the CUPS daemon, so
I'm not sure previous comments about lp group are appropriate. I think
something else has gone wrong already, probably you are using the wrong
software to print.

What gave you the impression it couldn't write to /dev/lp0 ?

In particular on my system whilst group lp exists, no one is in it, and
printing works fine.

 Simon