Re: [LUG] OT: BT annoys customer, customer offers unusually large cheque

Here you go, one £5 coin. http://www.royalmint.com/Corporate/facts/coins/FivePoundCoin.aspx Usually only seen by coin collectors, my Grandma gave my bro one for his birthday when we were kids thinking he'd start a collection.... being as they are legal tender he went and spent it on sweets instead.

I've never seen a 25p coin, and the Mint site doesnt mention it, but apparently they did exist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_twenty-five_pence_coin

Hmm, reading that, i might have a couple in my childhood treasures box (guess Grandma learnt from her mistake) I'll have to look into that...