Re: [LUG] The tablet everyone is talking about..

On 08/04/2010 13:27, Matt Nash wrote:
Hi All,

I had similar problems ordering over the internet. Went through their web routine only to have it tell me there were problems with my credit card details. I was a bit perturbed when I noticed that there was a big red exclamation mark in the padlock on the web page. I ended up calling their phone number and spoke to salesman who told me they were out of stock, went through to customer services to make sure nothing had gone through on card. After checking, they put me back to sales, who
checked on stock, found some and put through an order.

So the moral of this waffle is... They probably have more than one sales team
... and a non-existent stock control system. Probably consists of looking in the corner 'yeah we have some' or if you're in a different room 'no we don't'.

Reminds me of a time I had to chase up repairs to my wheelchair. Girl answering phone 'I'll have to go down stores and ask'. Um. You don't have a computerised ordering system so you can put in my postcode to call up my order and see if it's been delivered? Bearing in mind this was a national company who do a lot more than just wheelchair repairs. It won't surprise you to hear it took them a *year* to sort the order out by which time I'd been forced to bring the big guns onto them.

Julian