Re: [LUG] The tablet everyone is talking about..

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 09:43 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This was posted on the Ubuntu-UK mailing list.  I'm sure it'll be of
> great interest to some of the folks on here...
>
> No, not that Apple thing, but the O2 Joggler.
>
> 50 quid (for 14 days from 2nd April) and free delivery gets you a 7
> inch touch screen device with:-
>
> 1.3GHz Intel Atom CPU
> 1GB storage
> 512MB RAM
> Wired ethernet
> Broadcom b/g/n WiFi
> Audio + headphone jack
> USB port
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler
>
> It seems to come with a cut-down version of Ubuntu Hardy and can be
> flashed to run 'proper' Ubuntu or Netbook Edition if you wish.
>
> I thought it might be useful as a mythtv frontend for my desk or
> bedside, or maybe even an IP telephone when paired with a suitable USB
> headset.
>
> Some links I've gathered:-
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler
> http://robhu.livejournal.com/750902.html
> http://magician.gforums.de/wiki/index.php5?title=UNE_Installation
> http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=21187242
> http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2009/07/01/O2-Joggler/p1
> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/peripherals/253801/o2-joggler
> http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/646001/o2-joggler-49-99-now-with-free-app-
>
> Cheers,
> Al.
>
> --
> ubuntu-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for posting this, I am now Â100 lighter as I just ordered 2 ;)

I had been thinking about a digital photo frame for a while, and at Â49
thats a pretty good price for that feature alone with a decent
resolution on the display.

If the email confirmation is correct, it might even be here tomorrow,
free next day delivery :]

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides