Re: [LUG] Wifi printer

On 04/04/2010 08:50, NW wrote:
Neil Stone wrote:

Hi Neil,
Alternatively you could swap out your current router for one of the many
now available with a USB port for a printer.  I've done this previously
with Linux and just put the IP address of the router into CUPS to share
in Linux as an LPR printer - as usual they come with instructions and/or
a driver disk for Windows.  Then you can just buy any printer you like.
OK a new router is an additional cost, but it would be offset against
the expense of a WiFi capable printer.
Kind regards,
Julian

I didn't need to reconfigure CUPS at all.. I attached my new HP Laser
printer to the network (many WiFi AP's) and cups went "Oh look.. a new
HP laser printer.. I've set it all up for you.."

Then every other machine in the house did the same..

If only windows printing configs were that simple eh ?

If you can afford it, HP Colour Laserjet CP1515N.. (N = network
interface) if you want duplex, add a D, extra paper tray a T (DTN for
example)

If you want I can supply you with one, at a charge, and also
install/configure ;-)

Am I not understanding here? I buy a new router for one with a USB
printer port. I link my printer to that port by a cable. And,somehow,
all the computers here will be able to link to that printer via the wifi
network. Is that right? If so, wow!!

Neil

Spot on Neil.  That's how my network is configured :)

Julian