Re: [LUG] Wifi printer

The dirver will be the same
usb or wifi
so if it works with cups it will be fine for Linux
You may have more trouble with Win.

Stick to Hp Cannon Brother and you will be fine

I use my Adsl router with Wifi access to print to a Machine which is
always on, shared using cups.

So it's WiFi in a way!

I have not any Win machines here but Macs and Linux auto install and
have no problems.

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 11:53 +0100, NW wrote:
> My current printer, Epson photo 810, is getting a bit old now. At home
> we have three computers using Windows XP, Kubuntu Hardy and Mint Gloria.
> It has been suggested to me that I should get a wifi printer next so
> that it will be easy for any computer to use it. At the moment only the
> desktop (Hardy) is linked to it.
>
> I suspect that there will be a shortage of Linux drivers for many of
> these wifi printers.
>
> Any suggestions for me anyone please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil