Re: [LUG] Wifi printer

2010/4/3 NW <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
My current printer, Epson photo 810, is getting a bit old now. At home
we have three computers using Windows XP, Kubuntu Hardy and Mint Gloria.
It has been suggested to me that I should get a wifi printer next so
that it will be easy for any computer to use it. At the moment only the
desktop (Hardy) is linked to it.

You don't necessarily need a wifi printer - you could get one that has an ethernet port instead as they can be cheaper. I've got an HP Officejet 6500 which comes in both wired and wireless versions, the wired one being cheaper (and I'm very happy with it).

I suspect that there will be a shortage of Linux drivers for many of
these wifi printers.
HP provide Linux drivers for their printers so you'll generally be safe with any of theirs. If you're unsure, there's a site which lists Linux compatible printers - its name escapes me at the moment but I'm sure someone else will know it.

Joe