Re: [LUG] OT: BT announce more exchanges for FTTC rollout

Rob Beard wrote:
Shaun Orchard wrote:
On 30 March 2010 19:55, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Still has to be good for those folks who can't get Virgin (or want to use an
alternative provider for instance).

You already can, you just have to use a BT DSLAM (unless you can get
LLU). It would be nice if their wholesale pricing wasn't so
eye-gouging, though.

Shaun
What I mean is it's good for those folks who can't get 50Mbit broadband from Virgin or want to get similar sort of speeds from an alternative provider (yes I know it's possible to get bonded ADSL2+ connections but this tends to be a bit pricey).

Saying that I'm happy with Virgin. I was with Enta but limited to about 7 Meg, my only alternative (apart from waiting until BT roll out ADSL2+ to my exchange) was to go for Talktalk *shudders*.

So Virgin it was for me. Kinda annoying really consdiering in Teignmouth where my folks live they have about 3 or 4 different LLU ISP's they can use plus any using BT IP Stream or whatever it's called these days. Guess that might be to do with the fact that Eurobell completely missed out between Newton Abbot and Exeter.

Rob

to put it bluntly i would not give bt 1 penny of my money,just like most big firms and the government,the south west gets treated like the a+se end of the country,if you notice from the list of exchanges most are in london or east england.
grrrrrr this makes my blood boil.(sorry for the rant)
alex the noob(originally from harrow)