Re: [LUG] SPF and false positives

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:08 PM, John Horne wrote:
> Students are paying customers, and they will complain if necessary.
> However, anyone stating 'v=spf1 -all' is stating that no mail at all
> should come from that domain. As said, we've had no complaints rejecting
> those msgs.

I'm not surprised by that. But I think I've been a bit unclear: when I
mentioned '-all' I meant this to be part of the SPF record, e.g.

    example.net.  TXT  "v=spf1 mx a:pluto.example.net
include:aspmx.googlemail.com -all"

If you publish a record like this you are telling the recipient MTA
that anything that's 'not right' should be rejected.

Martijn.