Re: [LUG] Solaris 10 only free for 90 days!

Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:
El mar, 30-03-2010 a las 22:51 +0100, Simon Waters escribiÃ:
[...]
In most instances you have little to gain, and potentially a lot to lose
in assigning copyright.

So unless there is a compelling reason keep ownership of what you write.

You can always relicense code when you think you need to make more money
like Oracle have just done.

IANAL but I guess relicensing it isn't retroactive, is it?

I mean, in case Oracle decided to not release MySQL GPLed anymore, will
the already released GPL code remain free?
I was under the impression that once code is released under the GPL it can't be re-licensed to anything else, or was it that it couldn't be re-licensed without the permission of all the code authors?

I'm sure this was why the Linux kernel didn't go over to the GPL 3. Could be mistaken though.

Rob