Re: [LUG] Solaris 10 only free for 90 days!

El mar, 30-03-2010 a las 22:51 +0100, Simon Waters escribiÃ:
> [...]
> In most instances you have little to gain, and potentially a lot to lose
> in assigning copyright.
>
> So unless there is a compelling reason keep ownership of what you write.
>
> You can always relicense code when you think you need to make more money
> like Oracle have just done.

IANAL but I guess relicensing it isn't retroactive, is it?

I mean, in case Oracle decided to not release MySQL GPLed anymore, will
the already released GPL code remain free?

Anyway, I agree with you that copyright assignment it's definitely
harmful.

Cheers,

Juanjo

PS: about copyright assignment, worth reading:
http://people.gnome.org/~michael/blog/copyright-assignment.html

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/
blackshell: http://blackshell.usebox.net/