Re: [LUG] Security: Adobe reader the most targeted in malware campaigns

Neil Williams wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:15:46 +0000
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Neil Williams wrote:
HTML is a terrible format for ebooks.
Funny - I've found that good HTML fits my screen exactly if I want it to - no other format does.

The number of good HTML pages as a percentage of the total available is
far less than the number of usable PDF files as a percentage of that
total.

And I can add borders or anything with my own css should I so desire.

Not for an ebook reader you can't. ;-)
An ebook reader? Oh you mean a crippled computer with added DRM! I'd never buy one of those anyway.
And I haven't seen an b5 or a5 screen at all (I think one of the old macs had an A4 screen.

ebook readers are what I had in mind, those are A5/B5 generally, at
least proportionately.

Cheers for the gpdftext link - I'd modified pdf2txt for that but it was bit crap

(gpdftext is one of my own projects, so the link was entirely
self-serving)
:-)
I havent played with it yet but if it does work then your comment about good html pages being outnumbered will soon be wrong.
Tom te tom te tom