Re: [LUG] Security: Adobe reader the most targeted in malware campaigns

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:15:46 +0000
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> > HTML is a terrible format for ebooks.
> >
> Funny - I've found that good HTML fits my screen exactly if I want it to
> - no other format does.

The number of good HTML pages as a percentage of the total available is
far less than the number of usable PDF files as a percentage of that
total.

> And I can add borders or anything with my own
> css should I so desire.

Not for an ebook reader you can't. ;-)

> And I haven't seen an b5 or a5 screen at all (I
> think one of the old macs had an A4 screen.

ebook readers are what I had in mind, those are A5/B5 generally, at
least proportionately.

> Cheers for the gpdftext  link - I'd modified  pdf2txt for that but it
> was bit crap

(gpdftext is one of my own projects, so the link was entirely
self-serving)
:-)

--

Neil Williams