Re: [LUG] Security: Adobe reader the most targeted in malware campaigns

Henry Bremridge wrote:
Was amused to read the following

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/09/adobe_reader_attacks/

Adobe's ubiquitous Reader application has replaced Microsoft Word as the
program that's most often targeted in malware campaigns, according to
figures compiled by F-Secure.
Files based on Reader were exploited in almost 49 per cent of the
targeted attacks of 2009, compared with about 39 per cent that took
aim at Microsoft Word. By comparison, in 2008, Acrobat was
targeted in almost 29 per cent of attacks and Word was exploited by
almost 35 per cent.

And for my usual rant - why do people format their work for A4 - I havent seen a paper shaped screen for twenty years now....
Remember its Pointless Document Format
If you cant do it in HTML give up
Tom te tom te tom