Re: [LUG] False Positive Viruses from the list?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Simon Waters wrote:

Julian Hall wrote:

I'm positive there are no viruses coming from the list, so that leads me
to ask whether anyone else has had false-positive reports of viruses?

I don't run antivirus, there isn't enough malware around for Debian to
justify the inconvenience unless you are exposing web services or other
weak public services.

The mailserver that the list lives on however does run AV (clamav) on incoming mails.

From an academic point of view I'd be interested to know which mails these
were (perhaps Julian can identify them in the archive?)

Alex.