Re: [LUG] False Positive Viruses from the list?

On 03/24/2010 01:20 PM, Simon Waters wrote:
I'm positive there are no viruses coming from the list, so that leads me
>  to ask whether anyone else has had false-positive reports of viruses?
I don't run antivirus, there isn't enough malware around for Debian to
justify the inconvenience unless you are exposing web services or other
weak public services.

>  Incidentally in both instances I mentioned above the alleged virus was
>  Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen.  Neither email was from the same person.
You could indicate the emails in the archive.

But I suspect the antivirus is confused. That thunderbird crashes is
itself rather worrying.

I would try alternative antivirus scanner to see if it finds anything:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

If it is clean try Thunderbird 3.

If it finds something, or you still have issues reinstall.

Ultimately you are using the wrong OS if you want to avoid these
problems, and asking for support in the wrong place;)
No probs here,, or try clamwin,,,

--
bas.