Re: [LUG] get_iplayer

Rob Beard wrote:
Steven CÃtà wrote:

    That's fine, but what's becoming more worrying is how easy it is
    to get live TV streamed over the Internet now - basically everyone
    with a PC and a broadband connection has the capability to watch
    live TV, (even if it's only News 24!) and that's the definition of
    requiring a TV license )-:

That's not true. According to the current rules, you need a TV license basically if you have a tuner in your house. This includes TV cards for PC's but does not include people with broadband that download all their programming.

I know several people that own no television and download all their programming and so do not pay the license fee. Having said that, as more and more people do that, I expect that the rules will change.
Yep, it's FAQ 103 on the TV licencing site:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ103/

So I guess technically if we changed our viewing habits and watched everything on iPlayer then we could get rid of the TV licence. The majority of what is on during the day is CBeebies anyway for our youngest which she has on in the background and half of that is repeated every couple of days.
Argument Flaw Alert: There probably wouldnt be IPlayer tho -- watch out theres a lot of people making a lot of goldfish (typo of carp ...) out there would like that. Your youngest would be tugging at your trousers saying how unfair it is that you havent bought the latest [fill in name of expesive transient fashion] for me you dont love me anymore - which WILL be true- I've been to the US!
Tom te tom te tom