Re: [LUG] NHS - Summary Care Records (a bit OT)

On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 18:17 +0000, Simon Robert wrote:

> well with the current paper records there are no encryption measures in
> force, apart from doctors hand writing.

Current paper records?  We don't make them, an have not for some years.

Encryption, yes, present, in some parts.  (GPG for some elements).

However, encryption is not the primary defence here.  Ross Anderson has
written extensively on this, and it would be better to go closer to the
various sources than to rehash it in summary, retyped here.