Re: [LUG] Digital Economy Bill - write to your MP today!

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 14:07 +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Hi all,
>  *snip* *snip* *snip*
> Write to your MP and ensure it doesn't become law before the election.

The open Rights Group fired out an email the last couple days about
this, a quick way to write to your MP about it is via the ORG page on
the subject at:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/speakout/extremeinternetl

Enter your postcode, it will tell you who your MP is, and give you a
template email to sign, its helpful to add your own comments though
rather than just send the standard mail as is. If you don't know enough
to add comments, then certainly the standard mail is better than doing
nothing.

It takes literally a couple of minutes to do, or as long as you can
warrant with your own comments. Have to admit I wrote quite a lot.

I had a reply from Geoffrey Cox MP earlier today, and he sounds very
concerned about it being rushed through and seems keen to get this
slowed down, and looked at. He mentions about WiFI being hacked and
didn't sound entirely unreasonable.

Please take a couple minutes if you can, whether it helps or not, ou
can't complain later on if you don't do your bit now ;)

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides