Re: [LUG] Digital Economy Bill - write to your MP today!

Aaron Trevena wrote:
On 17 March 2010 07:45, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This bill will allow media giants to steal your copyright property
(images, software, music) wholesale by "mistakenly" assuming they are
orphaned works.

This point on orphaned works is vitally important. I cannot find it
mentioned in the bill. I have raised this point on Groklaw and its been
dismissed. If it is true then it needs to be fought tooth and nail ( though
we could try dialling an 0800 number of MS and use that as a tried to find
the copyright holder to orphan ...oh hang on)
If its a red herring theres no point in making fools of ourselves
complaining about it.

The IPO says its not a red herring :
http://copyrightaction.com/forum/why-the-ipo-is-wrong

It seems that section 116 of the bill covers this.
*http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200910/cmbills/089/10089.49-55.html#j601A*
Unbelievable - so full of holes its amazing.

(b)  has reasonable grounds for believing that another person has
taken those steps and that the owner of the interest has not been
found.

he said he done it..
Tom te tom te tom