Re: [LUG] Recipes

Rhia Knowles wrote:

> Ironically, for my college extended project, I am doing something like
> this. Alas, Access again :( (though eventually i'll convert it to
> something a bit more free for home use)
>
> For now the DB is just an index by 4 main ingredients, telling the
> user (mom) where recipie is, and allowing her to say what recipies
> just use this recipie. She has dreams of a fully automated system
> where she puts book on the scanner, scans, ocrs and imports all for
> her, but i have yet to learn programming anything besides Basic/Batch
> and so the AI she would need is out of the question! Could be fun to
> see what you decide to use, so I can look at it and work out if there
> are any features that would be useful and I'm able to encorporate!

I have found the following

http://www.webrecipemanager.com

This looks quite good, but for more than 500 recipes you need to start
paying every month. It is a internet program.

There is also nibbledish where you can find recipes and download/print
if you wish.

Finally, a Linux only program, there is Krecipes which is on the MOTU
repository. This looks very good, but my wife uses Windows!! You may
find that one useful to look at.

Neil