Re: [LUG] We've been Street Viewed

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 08:38:09PM +0000, Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:08:25 +0000
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
> > David Johnson wrote:

> > > Looks like the whole UK has now been done!
> > >
> > > Awesome.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > David.
> > >
> > They've done our road! :-)
>
> They've kind of done our road... they've actually StreetViewed the lane
> behind our house but seem to have missed the actual street itself.
> It's really quite bizarre - you sit at the end of our road and
> StreetView looks fine, with the little white line going down the road
> nicely.  You double-click to go down that road and *pop* you end up in
> the right approximate position, just on the back lane instead.  Very
> strange.

I've found a few places where this happened; one in Plymouth, around the
corner from me, and one around the corner from my parents (at the other
end of the country...).

There's also the occasional place where you swap from one lane to
another.

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || bma@xxxxxx || gpg: 0x166891C7 || http://bma.cx/