Re: [LUG] And you wonder why the tubes are blocked ...

Julian Hall wrote:
tom wrote:
so we can pay for young programmers out out college to do the work cheaply. They know nothing - it takes a good 10 years to become a programmer - simply because you have to learn to do everything that is required
I don't think it's entirely fair to say they know nothing - they wouldn't have graduated knowing nothing. What they lack is experience and that can really only be gained at the coal-face.
Or more accurately 'We learn from our mistakes'.
We don't have careers anymore so people don't learn from their mistakes - they're in another job in another company by the time the big mistakes come back to haunt the original company. And they make the same mistakes again and again. OK if you're EDS I suppose.
Like you said - its the good enough principle. Lousy engineering tho...
Tom te tom te tom