Re: [LUG] Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E220 HSDPA Modem / E270 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem

Neil Stone wrote:

ok, so after a few pointers from Google and the nice people on the list
I have a working wvdial.conf as follows (for O2)

As luck would have it, I received an E220 this evening to try out with
my SheevaPlug, so that's most timely.

I gave up on the iCON 7.2 dongle I was trying to get to work.  The hso
drivers worked fine with it for a few connections and then the dongle
just kept reporting no signal.  Removing and re-inserting the dongle
fixed it, as did a powercycle, but that's not very handy on a box you
have no access to except via the dongle.

I did try a different hso-based dongle which appeared to work fine so
I'm assuming it's either a problem with that specific device or with
that model of dongle.

James