[LUG] Using joystick/pad as mouse?

Hi all,

I'm sure I've managed this previously under Linux but I can't for the
life of me remember what I did or needed to do to get it working.

I have a USB joypad that I'd like to use to control the cursor in
Xorg/Gnome.  It is detected cleanly and nice /dev/input/js0 and
event14 devices are created.  It responds to all the joystick tools I
have found, but I can't find anything (that works) to all me to 'plug
and play' this joypad mouse-fashion... ie you plug in a USB mouse and
it starts working like a mouse... I appreciate that when I plug in this
USB joypad it works like a joypad, but I'd like to plug it in and it
work like a mouse!

Xorg does have a joystick driver, but it doesn't seem to do very much
when I add it to my xorg.conf and restart X.

Any clues?

Cheers.
Grant. :)