Re: [LUG] Nice one, BT

tom wrote:
> Neil Winchurst wrote:

>>> Too much, they're the monopoly. But they still suck and have crap
>>> support.
>>>

>> I have said this before, but here goes. I shall never understand the
>> 'thinking'? behind having the telephone system for a Western European
>> country run by a private company with shareholders. Crazy.
>>
>> BT are the main reason, IMHO, that we are so far behind many other
>> European countries with our broadband speeds.
>>
>> Neil
>>

> But Neil - surely you believe that commercial interests are much more
> capable of supplying the customers needs that a government owned one?
> There must be some logical reason why my work on a 2.4Gb fibre optic
> 'repeater' that would have cost <$5 was shelved twenty years ago.
> It cant have been for the shareholders so it must have benefited
> someone....
> Tom te tom te tom

Exactly what I mean. From the sound of it, it should have benefited most
people in the country, but that was irrelevant to BT. They didn't see
enough profit in it. End of story.

Please, let's not continue with this. In my personal opinion, BT are the
second greediest company in the world and they have held this country
back for years. A private company in control of the telephone network of
any country is just crazy.

As I said, just my personal opinion,

Neil