Re: [LUG] PC repairs (was Change of Web Host)

On 02/23/2010 11:00 PM, Rob Beard wrote:
Not heard of that, I remember reading something about the sale of goods act, with being able to return the item for repair or replacement up to 5 years or so after purchase, not tried it though.

It sounds from doing a Google search that Gigabyte have a 3 year warranty with a returns centre in Milton Keynes - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17969701

So even if it does mean you have to send the board back to them (which would be what, a fiver or so?) then it's not a major issue if it saves you a few quid (or means you can sell the board on eBay at a later date to make some money back on it).

Rob
Hi rob,
Hmmm, worth checking out, last time i sent a board back (eclipse) i was charged £15.00 for checking it, they sent it back saying nothing was wrong. \when it arrived back to me a bench test revealed it d.o.a. after phoning them again they suggested sending it back again ! (postage mounts up) just scrapped in the end as it was a £40 board. Maybe worth checking it out with my gigabyte board though,, thanks,

--
bas.

http://www.1and1.co.uk/?affiliate_id=107221