Re: [LUG] PC repairs (was Change of Web Host)

alex mclennan wrote:
bas wrote:
On 02/23/2010 04:30 PM, Julian Hall wrote:
Any beep codes from the board that might give a clue as to what stage it fails? BIOS battery dead? Reverted to onboard peripherals that are dead?

Julian
Presuming when you hit the button some lights come on ? The bios battery wont stop it booting, just the time will be wrong for your programmes. what happens if you put the graphics card back in ? I would put money on it being the mobo,, they seem to either run for ever or just about till the guarantee runs out! I'm in the same boat at the mo with corrupt graphics, i have swapped the video card so know its not the card and the board (gigabyte) is 14 months old. Have ordered a new board and processor (phenom 2 x2 550 black edition).

hi all,slightly off topic but my mate who seems to know about these things,reckons that the year warranty you get on items in this country is actually superceded by a european warrenty which states that there is a two year warranty. but i cant seem to find any info on this,if this is true then you could take your tower back to the place you got it from.
if anyone can enlighten me on this i would be grateful.
alex the noob

Not heard of that, I remember reading something about the sale of goods act, with being able to return the item for repair or replacement up to 5 years or so after purchase, not tried it though.

It sounds from doing a Google search that Gigabyte have a 3 year warranty with a returns centre in Milton Keynes - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17969701

So even if it does mean you have to send the board back to them (which would be what, a fiver or so?) then it's not a major issue if it saves you a few quid (or means you can sell the board on eBay at a later date to make some money back on it).

Rob