Re: [LUG] Edubook: Netbook on AA's ...

On 13/02/2010 17:01, tom brough wrote:
If you read on and look at the U-tube vids they are looking for
partners. You can get them in kit form too according to one of the vids.
The idea being that the school teachers / parents in developing
countries can assemble them themselves to reduce the costs even further.
The design looks very modular so the CPU modules / Memory can be swapped
out ... useful for breakdowns.  Since the unit can use either HDD or a
SD Flash card, its possible to ignore the HDD bay completely (making it
lighter on the pocket / weight / batteries). You can order without the
HDD and put your own recycled HDD drive. Alternatively if you dont need
the extra storage, there is a internal USB port tucked in the HDD
compartment so other devices (WI-MAX, bluetooth, etc ... can be plugged
in and stored there).

They dont look that hard to construct.

Tom.
I'd be happy to have a go at building one, I'm guessing it isn't as involved as the old ZX81 kits (soldering components on the board). Something like that with say a 16GB SD Card and 512MB Ram would do me nicely.

Rob