Re: [LUG] No desk top computer?

On 13/02/2010 19:32, Rhia Knowles wrote:
Interesting,

It seems that the article i read on it was wrong, or that Intel has
since slackened their policy.

Wish I could remember where i saw it now.

I believe the Intel requirement only applies to the netbook versions of the Atom rather than the desktop/nettop versions of the Atom. The netbook versions AFAIK are lower power than the desktop equivalents and also restricted to how much memory they will accept (I'm sure I read that Atom Netbooks only support one DIMM).

I'm guessing it isn't to eat into the sales of standard notebooks.

I gather it doesn't restrict the desktop Atom chips (or chipsets).

Rob